I am a licensed clinical psychologist with a full-time practice at Psych Recovery, Inc., in St. Paul, MN. I have almost 20 years’ experience with people with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders, and have focused my practice to primarily serve people with these illnesses.
My interest in working with people with these illnesses began in 1993, when I did an undergraduate internship at Anoka-Metro Regional Treatment Center. Since then, I have worked in a variety of mental health clinics, treatment centers, group homes, and other residential facilities. Currently I provide outpatient individual and group therapy as well as consultations for providers.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- B.A. from Macalester College
- PsyD from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
- Licensed by the Minnesota Board of Psychology
I have been providing people with individual and group therapy since 2000, with most of my focus on schizophrenia, schizoaffective, and related disorders. My skills and experience include:
- Group therapy
- One-on-one therapy
- Development and facilitating the Living with Schizophrenia group therapy curriculum
- Day treatment therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychotic Disorders
- Social Skills Training, including Assertiveness
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Author of free guide: “Tips for Living with Schizophrenia”