I developed my own schizophrenia group therapy, called “Living with Schizophrenia.” The group focuses on a supportive, concrete approach to helping you manage your illness and work towards your life goals.
In the group therapy setting, I use techniques rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychotic Disorders, Illness Management and Recovery, and social skills education.
The purpose of the group is to help clients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder learn and strengthen a variety of symptom management and life skills. The group focuses on a supportive, concrete approach to helping you manage your illness and work towards your life goals.
Schizophrenia Group Therapy Details:
- Once per week
- 90 minutes per group session
- The group runs about nine months, but clients are not required to stay in the group for all nine months
- Participating clients must have a schizophrenia, schizoaffective, or similar disorder
- Clients of diverse ages and ethnicities
- Maximum 8 group members
- Open group, new clients are integrated to the group at any time during the group
You must complete a one-on-one intake appointment with me to determine eligibility for the group.
> Request an intake appointment
The group is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare and Medical Assistance. The administrative team will verify benefits and complete any pre-certification process before you begin the program.
> Learn more about Rates and Insurance